Saturday, December 16, 2017

December 16th's Weekly TV Thoughts

I didn't know what to do with myself Monday, and barely knew what to do with myself on Tuesday. So little TV to watch this week.  Actually, it's kind of nice.  Wednesday was the packed day this week for sure.

Once Upon a Time (12/8) – I’ve gotten on board with most of the character combinations they’ve done in the past, but I’m not so sure I’m on board with this one.  Rapunzel and Lady Tremaine?  I feel like they are trying too hard.  Of course, it might have helped if they’d filled in more of the backstory.  Hopefully, we will get that in time.  But what’s happened to Lucy?

Encore – This sounded like such a fun show, I had to give it a shot.  It was exactly what I was expecting, a feel good, fun hour as a group of people reunite to put on a show.  Not too much true drama, which was fine with me.  It helps that they were doing Into the Woods, which I love.  Now, I want to watch the musical.

Lethal Weapon – That was intense.  I mean, I knew the leads wouldn’t die, but it was pretty dire there.  Some classic lines as well, especially about what happened to the house.  But I’m very confused about Riggs’ father.  Like we were supposed to, I thought he was dead.  So what exactly did happen all those years ago?  Why is his dad in jail?  And why is he helping him now?  A lot to look forward to when we come back in January.

Survivor – Ben pulled it off again.  While I usually root for the underdog, in this case, I’m rooting against Ben because he just rubs me the wrong way.  Yet, I could see a case for him winning if he makes it to the final 3.

The Librarians – Double episodes to welcome the show back!  I thought the stones in the first episode might be the season long story, but I guess that is going to be the one about the binding ceremony.  At least as of now, I’m not seeing anyone else coming to the forefront.  Interesting that they brought back a character (if not the actress) from the first movie.  I preferred the second episode since it was the general fun I love about this show.  The fight where they were “trying” to punch other things was the best.

Designated Survivor – I’d heard the actress who plays Alex was leaving months ago, and I’ve been dreading this episode as a result.  I figured this was coming, especially after the preview from last week.  But a car accident?  In the last minutes of the show?  Please tell me there is more to it than this.  It is really such a letdown otherwise.

Big Bang Theory – Well, Amy’s birthday didn’t work out like I had hoped it would.  I didn’t find it as funny as I thought I would from the idea.  However, Leonard and Penny trying to figure out what they did for a Christmas letter was fun.  And does this mean Raj and Howard have patched up their friendship?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.