Friday, June 19, 2020

June 19th's Book Beginnings and Friday 56

Welcome to Friday!  For me, it's even better because I'm taking today off.  My own personal 3 day weekend.

I'm going to start the celebration with Book Beginnings and Friday 56 for the week.  This week's featured book is The Mountains Wild by Sarah Stewart Taylor.

                                                      

This is the first book from this author in over a decade.  I was very happy to find her writing again.

Here's how the book begins:

My mother singing.  That's one thing I remember.
Jumping ahead to the 56% point in the book:

Roly and Wilcox and Regan are waiting for us at Pearse Street.  No reporters today.  Griz is late but when she comes rushing in, clutching her phone, I know she has something.

The book comes out on Tuesday, and I will have a review ready to post that day.  I hope you'll come back and see what I thought.

In the meantime, have a great weekend.

4 comments:

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.