Sunday, June 28, 2020

Disney Pin Review: Matterhorn - Crests of the Kingdom - 2019 Release

Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Fun Matterhorn themed pin
Cons: None
The Bottom Line:
A classic coaster
Honored with a classy crest
Race to buy it now

Nothing Abominable About this Crest

While many of the attractions Disneyland chose for the Crests of the Kingdom pin series are rides that are universal to all the Disney parks, a few are only found at Disneyland.  The Matterhorn is one of those.  Since I love that ride, I’m glad they chose to include it.

As always, the front is gray since the front is made from pewter.  While it is all one color, it is raised, so we can clearly see the mountain that makes up the heart of the crest.  The Latin phrase this month is “Adscendo summum montis nivalis” or “I climb the snowy summit of the mountain.”  Okay, so we are really riding in bobsleds, but if it were the real Matterhorn, we would be climbing it.

Inside shows Donald almost enjoying this ride.  I say almost because he’s reached one of the places where we encounter the Abominable Snowman, and Donald is obviously screaming as he passes by.  I can’t say as I completely blame him.  When they did a refurbishment of this ride a few years ago, they really upgraded good old Abominable.  Before, he looked rather hokey and was almost laughable.  Now, he looks pretty real and his arms move toward you as you race by.  Plus he’s louder.  Definitely the potential to make you scream if he catches you by surprise.

Obviously, I think this is another great pin.  Since it’s an attraction I enjoy, I am happy to have it in my collection, and the crest itself looks great.

This may be a bit more of a limited interest pin, limited to those who love Disneyland.  But if that is you, you may want to track it down.

To see what this pin looks like, please visit my Instagram account.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.