Sunday, June 14, 2020

Disney Pin Review: Pongo - Windows of Magic - 2019 Release

Stars: 4 out of 5
Pros: Lots of heroes
Cons: No hidden items, no Perdita
The Bottom Line:
Roger, Dalmatians
In this magical window
No room for extras

My Thoughts on This Pin are a Bit Spotty

I appreciate it when the designers of the Windows of Magic pin series are able to work in multiple characters.  However, with the pin dedicated to the heroes of 101 Dalmatians, I feel like they tried to work too many characters into the window.

The main focus is on Pongo, as it should be.  He takes up about half the window.  The rest is broken into three sections.  Two of those are taken up by two of the puppies, and the final section is devoted to Roger.  The sections for the puppies are so small we can’t see anything behind them.  Behind Pongo, there’s a clock, and behind Roger, we can see a horn, part of a piano, and some sheet music.  The window’s frame has a paw print at the top, and features bones on the side and bottom.

I appreciate the fact that they tried to work so many characters into this pin.  But I feel like the result is a bit too busy.  Also, I enjoy these pins because of the hidden things we can hunt for, but in this case, there isn’t room for the hidden things.  Finally, where is Perdita?  She’s as much a part of this as Pongo.

Don’t get me wrong, I do still like the pin.  The faux stained-glass still looks wonderful, and that was a big draw of the series for me.  I just don’t love it as much as I do so many of the others in the series.

This pin might not be quite as fun as some of the other Windows of Magic, but it will still be a great pin for fans of 101 Dalmatians to get.

Want to see a picture?  Check out my post on Instagram.

1 comment:

  1. I have fond memories of "101 Dalmatians." I don't think I saw the actual Disney film till it ran on TV, but I do remember the Spanish-language read-along-book with a record.

    Good review of the pin.

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.