Friday, June 26, 2020

June 26th's Book Beginnings and Friday 56

We made it to Friday!  And that means it is time for Book Beginnings and Friday 56.

This week, I'm featuring No Saving Throw by Kristin McFarland.

                                                      

Yes, this is a mystery, but one featuring a store for gamers.  And that partially explains the opening line:

"What do you mean, a vampire killed him?"
Meanwhile, on page 56, we find:

The threat - even imagined - to Paige was too much for Nick.  "No!" he shouted.

Very short and sweet this week since I need to be getting to bed.

Look for my review of this book on Thursday.  In the meantime, have a fantastic weekend.

7 comments:

  1. Sounds good. This week I'm spotlighting Aloha Night by Nalini Singh. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that first line, knowing the context. I like gamer books. Will look this one up. :)

    Today I'm featuring You Can’t Catch Me by Catherine McKenzie.

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two short and sweet teasers! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the opening line! And I love that cozy mysteries come tailored for every hobby.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A cozy with gamers? I'm intrigued. I hope you enjoy it.

    Have a good weekend!

    My Friday Post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That opening line definitely makes me want to pick it up. Thanks for sharing.

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.