Friday, June 12, 2020

June 12th's Book Beginnings and Friday 56

Welcome to Friday.  Time for this week's Book Beginnings and Friday 56.

This week, I'm offering teasers from Billy Boyle by James R. Benn.

                                          

Yes, this is a mystery.  It's the first in a series set in World War II.  I finished it earlier this week, and I enjoyed it.  I'll have a review up on Thursday - assuming I get it written between now and then.

In the meantime, here's the beginning of chapter 1:
I wanted to die.  No, actually I didn't want to die.  Or live.  I just didn't care.

A fun beginning, right?

Here's another fun exchange from page 56:

"Will there be a test?"
"Oh yes, indeed!" Kaz laughed.

This book has some fun exchanges and moments, and I got to highlight two of them.  Overall, this is a serious mystery.  And it's good.  I hope you'll come back on Thursday to see my full review.

Have a great weekend.

6 comments:

  1. This one seems interesting. Enjoy your current read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the sound of a WWII mystery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds intriguing. I love it when the characters are raw with the reader.

    Happy Friday!
    https://www.woodpeckerbooks.com/2020/06/12/giveaway-dwarf-story-blog-tour/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we can all relate to that beginning at some point in our lives. Happy weekend, stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting beginning! I'll check your review when I come back for your next BBOF post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that cover! Thanks for sharing!

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.