Monday, September 27, 2021

Disney Pin Review: Stitch Crashes Sleeping Beauty - Stitch Crashes Disney #7 - 2021 Release

Stars: 4 out of 5
Pros: Humor, captures famous moment
Cons: Does look a bit weird, but grew on me
The Bottom Line:
Stitch changing colors
Captures great movie moment
Grew on me, now smile




This Pin is a Psychedelic Dream

The pins in the Stitch Crashes Disney series have been a mixed bag.  My first thought when I saw the seventh entry was that it was weird.  But, as I’ve looked at the pictures released early online and now the pin itself, Stitch’s take on Sleeping Beauty has grown on me.

For this pin, Stitch is a weird combination of pink and blue.  He’s got splotches places since this isn’t a straight down the middle split.  On top of his head, he’s got three pink candles glowing.  Of course, this look is inspired by the famous scene where Aurora’s three fairy godmothers are working on her birthday cake and are arguing about what color is should be, pink or blue.  If you look closely at his ears, you’ll see the words pink and blue written as well.

I think what makes this pin for me is Stitch’s expression.  He’s got his hands on his face, and he’s looking at us with a “What in the world has happened to me?” expression on his face.

Aesthetically, it’s a bit weird to look at, which is why the pin had to grow on me.  But I love the humor of it, especially with Stitch’s expression.  And it does capture an iconic moment from the movie wonderfully.

Once again, the card adds some magic to the pin.  Behind Stitch, we can see Aurora’s castle and some of the grounds.  It’s a beautiful picture, which is no surprise since the artwork for the movie is beautiful.

The card has changed from the cards in the first half of the series.  The sides of the card are supposed to represent old fashioned film, and in the first half of the series, they had holes in the sides like the holes in film to thread it through the projector.  This card has white squares over on the side instead of the holes.  Since the edges of the cards were getting bent and broken easily, I’m okay with this change, although it doesn’t look quite as nice.

If I weren’t collecting this series, I might have passed on Stitch’s take on Sleeping Beauty, but I’m glad I got it.  I appreciate the humor of the pin and how it captures that famous scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.