Thursday, March 16, 2023

St. Patrick Day's Friday Post

 Happy St. Patrick's Day!  Let's kick the day off with a Friday post, featuring:

Book Beginnings
First Line Friday
Friday 56
Book Blogger Hop

For the first three, I'll be sharing teasers from Apprehend Me No Flowers by Diane Vallere.


This is the seventh in her Madison Night series.  Madison is a huge fan of Doris Day movies, hence the play on Send Me No Flowers in the book's title.

And flowers come right into play in the first line:

The flowers were a nice touch.

And no, I'm not giving you any more context than that.  Meanwhile, at 56% into the book, we find this:

Nate’s face reddened. “I know who you are. Get out of my showroom. I don’t want your business.”

I enjoyed this book.  I'll be back Monday with my review.

Let's end things with the Book Blogger Hop.  This week's question is:

Do you post every day on your blog and/or social media?

I do on my blog.  I don't always on my social media.  And, for some of them, I might not post blog stuff on days I post.  My Instagram, for example, is a mix of blog and personal.  I also don't tend to promote these posts and my Sunday/Monday posts on the social media.

Hope you have a great St. Patrick's Day and weekend.

17 comments:

  1. Doris Day, Madison Night - I see what the author did there! Diane Vallere is a new author to me, but I may need to check this series out. I look forward to your review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I never noticed that before, and this is the seventh I've read.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a fun one for sure, and I do love the Doris Day theme to it. Happy St. Paddy's Day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a fun read for sure. Are these standalone books in the series, Mark? Happy St. Patrick's Day 🍀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a read a series in order person, so I would say it would be best to read in order. Each mystery does stand alone, but the character relationships and growth changes from book to book.

      Delete
  4. This sounds fun! Happy St. Patrick's Day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to catch up with this series. This one looks really good. Happy St. Patrick's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a good one! Have a great weekend. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you're liking the book - I don't do much social media, just the blog -it's hard to find time to keep up with everything and work full time, so I just putter along and do what I can. Have a terrific week.
    Terrie @ Bookshelf Journeys

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Friday!
    I'm currently reading Everything is Just Beginning by Erin Bartels. It's pretty awesome!
    "How about 492?
    Ugh."
    I looked up from the clipboard in my lap. "You don't like The Replacements?"
    I hope you have a really excellent weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds like so much fun.. and since the author/series is new to me, I will go look for the first one here (do they need to be read in order?)
    Here is my Friday post

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sometimes I wonder if I'm misunderstanding the book blogger hop questions...I didn't even think about my personal posts on social media, just the blog related ones.

    Have a great weekend. - Katie

    My BBH if you care to visit - https://justanothergirlandherbooks.blogspot.com/2023/03/book-blogger-hop-do-i-post-every-day.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Doris Day movies, and this series sounds like fun

    ReplyDelete

  12. My first line this week comes from Forged in Live by Mary Connealy:
    August 1870. Pine Valley, Wyoming

    A bullet slammed into the side of the stagecoach carrying Mariah Stover, her pa, and her older brother.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this series but haven't read this one! It sounds fun.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like a fun read. I'm reading Yosemite Firestorm by Tanya Stowe. The first line is: "Olivia Chatham pulled her ranger Jeep into the parking lot of the hiking trail near Yosemite's Tuolumne Meadows and groaned."

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.