Saturday, March 18, 2023

March 18th's Weekly TV Thoughts

Quantum Leap – A very interesting episode.  I love the way they switched things up.  Did I miss something or were they just hinting at Jenn’s past for a reveal down the road?  Or have they told us and I’m not remembering it?  Anyway, the mystery/legal thriller aspect of the book was a great hook for me, obviously, with my love of mysteries.  So much going on, and I loved how things came together at the end, although it would have been nice for Ben to see his win.

Night Court – This show is very uneven.  When it is on, it is funny.  When it isn’t, we get episodes like this one.  I feel like it could have worked, but it just never clicked for me.  There were a few funny lines, but that’s about it.

Superman and Lois – Interesting episode.  Definitely set up some arcs for the third season.  I wasn’t sure if they were going with a pregnancy for Lois or not, but now I’m worried about what is going on with her.  And I don’t know how I feel about Chrissy and Kyle.  At least when Lana showed up, she wasn’t showing up to try to get back together.  Although, honestly, I wish they would get back together.  I get that we need the soap opera, but I really liked them in season 1.

Gotham Knights – I’m intrigued by the storyline.  I want to know who is behind everything (if it isn’t Harvey Dent, is he not always Two Face?).  This Court of Owls sounds a little more sinister than we needed to hook me in the premier, and it got a little gruesome at the end.  My biggest eye roll is how diverse the characters are.  I know it’s not popular to say, but it felt like they were ticking check marks off than building true, interesting characters – at least at this point.

The Mandalorian – Someone needs to tell then that going off and spending an entire episode with characters no one remembers seeing is not good TV.  Wow was that predictable and boring.  The beginning was good, but by the time we got to the final scenes, I didn’t care that much any more.

The Flash – I wonder why they didn’t have Barry and Iris around for most of the episode.  Usually, they do that during the big crossover events.  But either way, it was a fun episode.  I’d forgotten the meta they featured, but I liked how it all played out.  It helped that it was a comedy heavy episode.

Survivor – I feel so sorry for Claire.  I would have been right there with her – “Sit me out.”  But I can’t understand why it would lead the team to vote her out.  I feel sorry for Matt with his fake idol.  I know the odds are stacked against them, but I really want to see both he and his love interest go pretty far.  I like them.

Lingo – I thought the second set of teams were better overall, but clearly that wasn’t the case when we hit the final showdown.  They just couldn’t get anything together.  Not that I do much better watching from home.  Most of the time, I’m drawing blanks as I watch.

True Lies – The show’s a little less fun each week.  It has it’s moments, but the wit of the pilot seems to be gone, and it’s a little predictable.  Still, I’ll stick with it, at least for now.

2 comments:

  1. I like Matt in Survivor too. It's been a good year so far. IMO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pershing and Kane have been there before. I think they did needed to do a flashback to show his history. He was the one that was supposed to clone Grogu. Thinking this is setting things up for the rest of the season. Are Mando and Grogu in a place where they can't be found? I have a feeling we are getting back to the overall, original arc of Grogu being wanted for nefarious purposes.

    It was a little long and drawn out, especially without some sort of flashback.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.