Saturday, March 11, 2023

March 11th's Weekly TV Thoughts

 Yes, I got to start True Lies this week, and it is fun.

True Lies (3/1) – That was as much fun as I’d hoped it would be.  I had missed (or didn’t remember) that Steve Howey was playing the male lead.  Fun to see him in something else again.  Anyway, this had exactly what I was hoping for – action and comedy.  On the whole, it was a pilot, and they had a lot of story to tell in this first hour to really set things up.  I’m anxious to see where they go from here, but it’s looking like something I will enjoy.

The Company You Keep – As soon as I realized the mark was Ava from Legends of Tomorrow, I didn’t want her to be conned, so I was thrilled with that twist.  This show is getting stronger every week.  I am enjoying watching the con in action.  Did not see that cliffhanger coming.  Disappointed we have to wait two weeks to find out what happens next.

Quantum Leap – It was nice that we got to learn a bit more about Addison and her family in this one.  Plus, it was another thrilling episode.  And the mysterious leaper showed up again, too.  They only have a few episodes left, and they’ve promised to explain the mysteries they’ve started so far.  I don’t see how we have nearly enough pieces to put it all together, yet, however.

Night Court – Not as good as last week’s episode, but still fun.  I didn’t see that ending coming.  Could have done without quite so much bathroom humor, but it was a good ending overall.

The Mandalorian – I’m shocked.  What we saw happen in this episode I expected to be the season finale.  I figured we’d be having adventures along the way.  So now I’m really wondering what they intend to do for the rest of the season.  Maybe if I’d been paying better attention I would have picked up on some other plot threads.  And yes, I jumped near the end.

The Flash – Did I miss something, or did they not tell us where Batwoman has been all this time?  Since the real one was missing.  I was expecting some kind of explanation, but there wasn’t one.  Glad Grogg wasn’t a bigger part.  Hope they got him out of their system.  Obviously, we are on to another arc next week.  So who is the new villain going to be?  And what a way to announce the news at the end, I give them credit for finding a new way to do it.

Survivor – Can we please get Carolyn off my TV?  I find her annoying at one hour a week.  I can’t believe people would want her to stick around.  I am impressed with her getting the idol and not being anyone suspect, however.  Good for her.  I have a feeling that Jeff and the producers think we all love her, so we will be seeing lots of her this season.  And I’m betting she goes far as well.

Lingo – Okay, here’s the scary thing.  I wouldn’t have gotten Baker when that was the word either.  I was looking at it trying to figure out what in the world it could be.  (In case you’ve missed it, that’s my last name.)  I wasn’t surprised at who the final winners of the night were since they were easily the better team.  I felt like they were the best team of the night, in fact.

True Lies – The stuff with the exes was just okay, but they managed to finally get some of the witty dialogue I was looking for near the end.  Not quite as good as the pilot, but still enjoyable.

3 comments:

  1. I think they want to keep Carolyn around because she's so weird and she's different. And I don't think they believe she's much of a threat. But, she is very annoying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was talking about the producers, but you are right when looking at this from the player's point of view.

      Delete
  2. I'm planning to watch The Mandalorian 3 in May. That's when I watch all the Star Wars content, otherwise I get too immersed in it for too long. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.