Monday, July 15, 2024

Ornament Review: Surfs Up! - Spotlight on Snoopy #27 - 2024 Hallmark Release

Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Snoopy surfing makes for a fun ornament
Cons: Surfing isn’t exactly Christmassy
The Bottom Line:
Snoopy catching waves
Might not fit Christmas spirit
Still fun ornament




This Ornament is Rad, Dude!

This year’s Spotlight on Snoopy ornament is one I’m surprised we haven’t had before.  Yes, it is number twenty-seven in the series, so we’ve had a few repeats or similar entries, but when I saw Surf’s Up! I couldn’t believe we haven’t seen it already.

Yes, Snoopy’s surfing for this entry.  He’s standing on a board in red trunks.  His arms are out and his ears are back, blown by the wind.  He’s got a big smile on his face.  The ornament is designed so we can see bits of the water splashing around his board.  Woodstock is with him as always.  The little yellow bird is standing on the front of the board leaning forward and smiling as well.

And I love it!  No, I’m not a surfer myself, but I love anything and everything have to do with water.  This captures that magic summer feeling for me.  It makes me think of warm summer days and fun at the beach.

So maybe this isn’t the best fit for a Christmas ornament?  No, I need something to make me think of summer when the cold rolls around.  I love it too much to even think about that.

The ornament is designed to sit flat, so you can leave it out year round to enjoy.  Or maybe put it out during the summer instead of hanging it on your tree.

If you do decide to hang it on your tree, you’ll find that it tips forward – and that’s a good thing.  It actually tips at such an angle that it adds to the illusion that Snoopy is actually surfing.  I love it.

And yes, you’ll find the twenty-seven in a Christmas tree series marker on the bottom of the ornament.

I’m sure that Surf’s Up! will be popular with Snoopy fans whether they’ve been collecting the Spotlight on Snoopy series or not.  And I can see it appealing to surfers as well.  I know I’m happy to have it in my collection.

Enjoy the rest of the Spotlight on Snoopy series.

1 comment:

  1. It could be good for Christmas in July. His ears on this ornament are the best. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.