Saturday, July 13, 2024

July 13th's Weekly TV Thoughts

American Ninja Warrior – So many people close, but no one fast enough to officially take on the mega wall.  Not too many surprises this week.  The big names did well, the people new to it struggled more.  I am surprised that so many people struggled with the first obstacle.  We don’t see that happen very often, especially more than one per episode.

Race to Survive: New Zealand – I had assumed the issue was about food.  But I figured they would show us what it was when it happened, not in flashbacks.  So I was thinking it was some of the food gathering from this leg, not from a previous survival camp.  I get why it happened, but I’m glad they enforced the rules.  But wow, my money was on them to win.  Now, I’m betting on the fire jumpers.  But we’ll find out.  Sounds like a crazy final race.

The Acolyte – Seriously?  A second flashback?  While it was sort of interesting the first time, what did we really learn in these 40 minutes?  About two minutes worth of information.  It would have been much more interesting to have Sol say that in a scene.  Heck, we could have covered it in the last episode.  Maybe some scene with narration.  But this was a waste of an episode.  Yes, the lightsaber fight was cool, but that wasn’t enough to justify it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.