It's Friday! Time to celebrate with this week's Friday Post. I will be linking up to:
Book Beginnings
First Line Friday
Friday 56
Book Blogger Hop
My teasers for the first three will be coming from City of Promises by Victoria Thompson with Ellen Thompson.
This is officially book eight in the Counterfeit Lady series, but...well...let's just get to that first line.
Attorney Gideon Bates was looking forward to meeting his new client this morning. He knew Frank Malloy by reputation, but their paths had never crossed before.
Any fan of Victoria Thompson's series know what makes this special immediately. Gideon Bates is from this series, but Frank Malloy is from the author's Gaslight Mysteries. Yep, the book is a crossover, and I couldn't wait to dive into it.
Meanwhile, over on page 56, we find this:
"Sebastian sounds like he's perfect for you, thought," Elizabeth said. It wasn't entirely a lie. If he was an imposter, the person he was pretending to be did sound perfect for Catherine. But he couldn't keep up the charade forever.
Do we have an imposter? I will leave it for you to find out.
My full review will be up next Thursday, but here's the teaser. I enjoyed it.
Moving on to this week's Book Blogger Hop, here's the question:
Is there a book you keep coming back to, reading it more than once?
Not as much as I'd like; I have so many unread books calling my name. But I do occasionally pick up a Trixie Belden book to revisit the characters. And I enjoyed rereading Elizabeth George Speare's books last December. And revisiting Mrs. Pollifax last spring was a treat.
Have a great weekend!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.