Thursday, August 6, 2026

August 7th's Friday Post

We've made it to Friday!  Time for this week's Friday Post, where I will be linking up to:

Book Beginnings
First Line Friday
Friday 56
Book Blogger Hop

This week, I will be pulling quotes for the first three from A Murderer's Guide to Mardi Gras by Ellen Byron.


Yes, I've got two books from Ellen Byron pretty close together.  But they are from two different series and two different publishers and they wound up coming out back to back, so here we are.

Anyway, this is book five in her Vintage Cookbook Mysteries.  And here's how it begins:

For Ricki James-Diaz, one of the best aspects of her job as proprietor of Miss Vee’s Vintage Cookbook and Kitchenware Shop was seeing the emotional reaction when a customer came upon an item that had special meaning for them.

Nothing to mysterious or suspenseful about that opening, but it does bring a smile to my face.

Meanwhile, at 56% into the ARC, we've got this quote:

Cookie yawned. “I’m done.” She crossed her arms and placed them on the counter, then closed her eyes and rested her head on her arms.
“Hint taken.”

It wasn't the easiest scene to find a quote from since there are some spoilers, but I found this exchange fun.

The book is already out, but I'll be reviewing it on Tuesday as part of a blog tour, so I hope you'll come back to see what I thought.

Let's move on to this week's Book Blogger Hop.  The question is:

Do you see yourself more as an editor, a writer, or just a reader?

I'm just a reader.  And I've had discussions with writers when I say that.  They like to point out that readers are important since they buy the books authors are writing.  I don't mean it in a negative way.  Writers are readers AND writers.  Editors are editors AND readers.  So, when I say I'm just a reader, I'm saying that I don't have another title in the literary world.

And on that note, I'm out.  Have a wonderful weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.