Saturday, August 29, 2026

August 30th's Sunday/Monday Post

Welcome to this week's Sunday/Monday Post.  As usual, I will be linking up to:

Sunday Post
Sunday Salon
Stacking the Shelves
It's Monday, What Are You Reading?

It's been hot this week.  While we didn't get rain in my neck of So Cal, I know there were showers elsewhere.  We've had clouds several days.  Not that either have dropped the heat all.  But it is supposed to be down in the 80's this coming week.  Honestly, low 80's is my favorite temperature, so I won't be complaining.

Other than that, not too much else going on this week.  Had a draft for one of my fantasy football leagues on Thursday night.  Went out paddle boarding Saturday late morning.  I'd hoped to get out there earlier than I did, and the wind was beginning to pick up in the second part of my paddle, so I'm glad I got off when I did.  And yes, the new part for my air pump worked well for inflating my paddle board.

Thanks to our slightly off fiscal year, this accountant started third quarter close on Friday.  And several things went wrong.  But we got done what needed to be done on Friday.  I hope that's all the drama and nothing else is going to hit us this coming week.

Joke of the Week:


What’s orange and sounds like a parrot?
A carrot.

This Past Week on the Blog:



This Coming Week on the Blog:


Sunday - Sunday/Monday Post
Monday - August Reading Summary
Tuesday - Book Review: Murders in the Marquee by Dana Mentink
Wednesday - Book Review: Probable Caws by Donna Andrews
Thursday - Book Review: The Dark Hours by Michael Connelly
Friday - Friday Post
Saturday - Weekly TV Thoughts

Book Haul:

I've got three books to tell you about this week.

Up first is Holmes Away from Home by Samantha Larsen.  This is the first in a new series that's in the world of Sherlock Holmes.  I suspect how it might ties into the cannon, but I'll see when I read it.  I've enjoyed previous books from Samantha Larsen.  This one comes out October 6th, but I'll be reviewing it as part of a blog tour on September 22nd. So I'll be reading it soon.

I ordered the replacement nozzle for my air pump on Amazon.  I don't have Prime, so I had to order a bit more to get free shipping.  Oh darn.  Naturally, I ordered two books I've had my eye on.

Making Friends Can Be Murder caught my eye when it came out last summer.  It involves a group of women who share a name who band together when someone else who shares their name is murdered.   The premise is interesting enough that I want to give it a try.

The other book is also the first in a series, this time from Melissa Westemeier.  Old Habits Die Hard features a retired nun.  It sounds like a fun book, so hopefully, I'll enjoy it.


What I'm Currently Reading:

Last year, I spent quite a bit of time reading and enjoying Rosalie Spielman's Hometown Mysteries.  I made it up to book 4.  And I have yet to pick the next on up this year, so it was time to fix that.  As I'm typing this, I've just barely started Home Sweet Homicide, the fifth in the series.  I'm looking forward to revisiting the characters and finding out what happens to them next.  I'm sure this will carry me to Monday.

Have a great week, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.