Saturday, August 15, 2026

August 15th's Weekly TV Thoughts

The Librarians: The Next Chapter (8/9) – As a lover of Peter Pan, I don’t like seeing him turn up as a villain.  Again.  But I get it.  I mean, when you think about who he is and what he does, he’s not exactly the good guy.  And I did love their take on the legends with the various parts every played.  All in all, a fun episode.

Dancing with the Stars: The Next Pro – Okay, I can kind of see why they broke the “rules” last week, but this week’s rules were very clear.  I just don’t get why they didn’t create a wow moment.  I was kind of expecting it to be a double elimination since we’ve got just a few weeks before partners are announced for the new season, but I guess not.  I was expecting them to be teaching at some point, so we’ll see where things go next week.

American Ninja Warrior – I really wish they wouldn’t mess the three groups together like this in the finals.  It makes it hard to follow who is doing what and racing whom.  At least it does for me.  But there were some exciting races tonight.  And a few surprises.

The Quiz with Balls – Wow, both teams lost lots of players early on.  But they managed to hold on for a bit.  Been a while since we saw an entire team get eliminated.  While I didn’t know a lot of the answers early on, ironically, I did know the answer to the question that ended the bonus round.  (Although “Steamboat Willie” was released first, so it was a very trick question.)

The Librarians: The Next Chapter (8/10) – I’d seen the title of the episode, but it still took me a minute to figure out that the cooking show was part of the episode and not the previous show running late.  I figured a couple of things out early on, but not all the twists.  As much as I complain about things being predictable at times, I do like the characters and I have fun going along for the ride with them.

The Challenge – Nice to see Gray not come in first (although I am rooting for them), but hard to see Blue lose a player again.  Yes, I am rooting for the underdog, even though I am not really a fan of any of the players on the team.  The first challenge with the boats looked like lots of fun.  That is, if I weren’t needing to get it finished to beat others.

Stuart Fails to Save the Universe – I’m not quite sure what the segment in the Matrix was supposed to be about.  I’m sure that is a clue to what is really going on somehow.  This stop was just okay.  I’ve liked the last two better.  It was funny because I was thinking we hadn’t seen Amy yet.  I have a feeling we won’t see the three who were building the machine until the end, so I was thinking Amy would be a logical next cameo.

Press Your Luck – Whammie wasn’t very active in the beginning.  And all three of them had impressive totals.  He made up for it in the bonus round.  The contestant really didn’t seem to be able to build up much of a bank at any point.  I wasn’t too surprised when he got eliminated.

Anna Pigeon – The acting felt a little better, at least from the leads.  Still not the best show out there, but I am curious where they are going with the villain of the season, so I’ll stick around for that.  The main plot didn’t go anywhere near where I thought it would during the opening.  I thought the kids were going to find a victim.  Rather dark and depressing.  I found the parts with the eagle ironic since the famous one here in So Cal just died, sadly.  I know this was filmed a while ago, but the timing worked out poorly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.