Saturday, August 15, 2026

August 16th's Sunday/Monday Post

Welcome to this week's Sunday/Monday Post.  As usual, I will be linking up to:

Sunday Post
Sunday Salon
Stacking the Shelves
It's Monday, What Are You Reading?

It's been a fairly quiet week around here.  Met my deadlines at work, which is always good.

It was cooler this week, which doesn't make me happy.  It's August!  It's supposed to be hot.  Our high on Wednesday was only 82!  That's autumn weather!!  But it's looking like we are going to hit the upper 90's this coming week.  That's more like it.

I went paddle boarding on Thursday this week, and I took a friend with me.  He borrowed a board from a friend of his.  The only downside was that I broke my pump's connector, so I'll need to buy a replacement.  Fortunately, it's just a part, not the whole thing.  Anyway, before and after the paddling, we hung out at his place for a bit.  Nice to spend time with his family.  We haven't hung out much in a few years.

Joke of the Week:


What does a clock do when it’s hungry?
It goes back four seconds.

(I know, I know, an oldie.)

This Past Week on the Blog:



This Coming Week on the Blog:


Sunday - Sunday/Monday Post
Monday - Movie Review: Superman IV - The Quest for Peace
Tuesday - Book Review: Two Truths and a Murder by Colleen Cambridge
Wednesday - TBD
Thursday - Book Review: City of Promises by Victoria Thompson with Ellen Thompson
Friday - Friday Post
Saturday - Weekly TV Thoughts

Book Haul:

I'm going to tell you about three books this week.

The first is an ARC.  Mrs. Claus and the Fatal Figgy Pudding is the seventh Mrs. Claus Mystery from Liz Ireland.  If you've been around here very long, you know I adore this series, so I can't wait to dive in.  I'll be doing that soon since the book comes out the end of September.

The other two are ebook deals I snagged this week.  And these books are both still on sale as I'm typing this Saturday afternoon.

The Midnight Taxi by Yosha Gunasekera is set in New York City with an immigrant taxi driver as the main character.  I'm not completely sure about it, but for $1.99, I was willing to take a chance.

I swear I bought Death and Croissants by Ian Moore at some point in the past.  But if I did, it wasn't on Amazon since they didn't tell me I'd bought it before.  So, when I saw that the book was on sale for $1.99, I snagged it.



What I'm Currently Reading:

I've barely started Murders in the Marquee by Dana Mentink.  I've been having a very lazy Saturday because I thought I would be further into it by now.  It's a historical mystery set in 1905 in San Francisco.  I'm looking forward to diving more into it.  The book itself comes out September 1st, and that's when I plan to review it, so I've got some time yet.

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.