Sunday, August 9, 2026

August 9th's Sunday/Monday Post

Hello there!  I'm so glad you could join me for this week's Sunday/Monday Post.  As always, I will be linking up to:

Sunday Post
Sunday Salon
Stacking the Shelves
It's Monday, What Are You Reading?

I really don't have much to report of excitement this week.  It continues to be hot, which is lovely for August.  Month end close went well at work.  I went paddle boarding on Friday after work.  Just another typical week.

Saturday was my friends' monthly game day.  It was a memorable one.  We found a week about a couple of hours into it, so we had to fill some buckets with water, and then shut off the water.  Not that it kept us from staying and playing games.  I won one early on, but after that didn't come close.  Still, it was lots of fun.

With nothing else to talk about, let's get to it.

Joke of the Week:


What kind of tree fits in your hand?
A palm tree.

This Past Week on the Blog:


This Coming Week on the Blog:


Sunday - Sunday/Monday Post
Monday - Movie Review: Jaws - The Revenge
Tuesday - Book Review: A Murderer's Guide to Mardi Gras by Ellen Byron
Wednesday - Ornament Review: Sandal the Sandman #5
Thursday - Book Review: Serving up the Truth by Debra Klein
Friday - Friday Post
Saturday - Weekly TV Thoughts

Book Haul:

I'm back to my usual book buying habits this week with four books.  One of those was a preorder and rest were ebook sales.

The preorder is Probable Caws, the latest from Donna Andrews.  This is book 39 in her Meg Langslow series, and yes, the titles are always bird puns.  Obviously, I'm a fan if I'm this far into the series.  I'm looking forward to getting to this one soon.

Now, for those ebook sales.  All of these were books I've had my eye on, so when the prices dropped, I jumped on it.

The first is A Spoonful of Gunpowder by Katherine H. Brown. It's described as a Steampunk Mary Poppins inspired cozy mystery.  I'm very curious what that is.  So, when it was on sale Thursday, I snagged it.  It looks like it is back to regular price, which is $3.99 for the ebook.

Next up is The Campervan Detectives by Maeve Haran.  I keep collecting these camping themed cozies, and then I don't read them.  I really need to go about fixing that at some point.  Anyway, this one went on sale for 99 cents, so I got it.  Looks like it is still that price as of Saturday, when I'm typing this.

Finally, we have Caught on Camera, the first Camera Club Mystery from Kara Lacey.  It's been on my radar for a while, and when it dropped to 99 cents (still on sale as of me typing this), I picked it up.



What I'm Currently Reading:

I just finished City of Promises by Victoria Thompson with Ellen Thompson.  Yes, this was the one new book I got last week.  I told you I was looking forward to it.  I enjoyed it, too.  I've got to get a couple of reviews written, including this one.  But I should be posting a review soon.

That means, I've just started Harrowed Heir, the next Court of Mystery novel from Sarah E. Burr.  I've barely started it, in fact, but I'm looking forward to seeing what happens to the characters in this book.

Have a great week!

4 comments:

  1. That game day definitely turned memorable once the water issue started! I’m glad it didn’t stop the fun, and A Spoonful of Gunpowder sounds especially intriguing—Steampunk Mary Poppins meets cozy mystery is quite a combination. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! :) I have Caught on Camera. It's one that I really want to read, being someone who enjoys photography. At least the leak made the evening more memorable than usual and it didn't stop the fun. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A game day sounds so fun! Hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always keep my eye on ebooks each day to see if they are on sale, and when they are, I nab them. I would love to do a game day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.