Time for this week's Sunday/Monday Post. I'll be linking up to:
Sunday Post
Sunday Salon
Stacking the Shelves
It's Monday, What Are You Reading?
I've got the new part for my pump coming, but it hasn't arrived yet, so no paddle boarding for me this week. (And yes, my paddle board is inflatable.)
On the one hand, it is too bad since we are back up to the upper 90's or low 100's. We are right on that boarder, and different places are giving different temps. So let's just say we are at 100. That's what August is supposed to be. And also when I want to be out on my paddle board. Oh well. Next week.
And I've been busy when I would normally go. Thursday night, I went to see Beauty and the Beast. The touring company is back in LA, and I went with a friend. It was a great production. We both loved it. It's one of my favorite movies, so it would be hard for the play to miss. I did notice they've taken a couple of songs out of the show. Neither is a huge loss, especially the one they nixed from act 2.
Saturday, I headed to the beach. That's one way to cool off from the heat. I went with a friend, and we weren't lonely. Plenty of people were there escaping the weather. I need to go to the beach more often. I'm about an hour away from several, so it's not like I have to travel far.
Pun-Official Holiday of the Week:
This Past Week on the Blog:
This Coming Week on the Blog:
Book Haul:
Thanks to a late breaking ARC, I have three books to tell you about this week.
The first is a pre-order that arrived a little late. But that's okay. The book is Murder at the Agency by Kylie Forsythe. Kylie is a debut author, and I've been hearing some good things about it, so I'm looking forward to diving in.
And the late breaking ARC? It's Death in Luxor by M.A. Monnin. This is book four in her Intrepid Traveler Mysteries. I've really enjoyed this series, so I'm looking forward to reading the latest installment. It actually just came out, but I signed up for a spot in the blog tour happening in October, so I'll be reading it in a few weeks.
I also decided it was time for another audio book. I'm back to Michael Connelly in my audio book rotation, specifically, The Dark Hours. This one features his long running character Harry Bosch and the newer character Renee Ballard.
What I'm Currently Reading:
As I'm typing this, I've already started listening to The Dark Hours. I'm really enjoying it so far. My guess is I will wind up finishing it Sunday, but if not, I'll definitely finish it Monday.
I'm also currently half way through Probably Caws, the newest Meg Langslow Mystery from Donna Andrews. It just came out at the beginning of the month, but I had other books I wanted to get through first. I'm enjoying it as always.
I have a feeling I will be done with it before Monday. So, when Monday rolls around, I will actually be reading Belinda Blake and the Wolf in Sheep's Clothing by Heather Day Gilbert. This is book two in the Exotic Pet-Sitter Mysteries. I just read the first one a couple of months ago. Since it's just a three book series, I decided to try to finish it up this year. We'll see if I can work book three in or not over the next few months.
Have a great week!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.