Thursday, August 20, 2026

August 21st's Friday Post

It's Friday!  Time for this week's Friday Post, where I will be linking up to:

Book Beginnings
First Line Friday
Friday 56
Book Blogger Hop

My teasers for the first three will be coming from Harrowed Heir by Sarah E. Burr.


This is book 10 in her Court of Mystery series.  It's set in a fictional continent and politics is ramping up, adding to the mystery in each book.

Here's how this book begins:

A knock on the door interrupted Duchess Jacqueline Arienta Xavier’s trance, forcing her to look up from the stack of papers she’d been attempting to sort before her departure.

Meanwhile, we find ourselves in a bit of a fight at 56% into the ebook:

“Don’t think you can use my own words against me, husband.” Jax kept her voice even, but her gaze lanced Perry to his seat. “It is unbecoming to use my ideals to justify what you have done.“

I enjoyed this book.  My review will be up on Tuesday, so I hope you'll come back then to read it.

Meanwhile, let's move over to this week's Book Blogger Hop.  Here's this week's question:

Do you follow book trends and bestsellers, or do you prefer hunting down lesser-known titles?

The answer is yes.  I do read some best sellers; I'm reading two right now.  I don't follow trends to follow trends, but if something sounds fun, I'll pick it up.  But, like the book I'm highlighting this week, I also like to read the lesser known authors and put a spotlight on them.  Again, if the author or book catches my interest, I'll read it.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.