Saturday, November 8, 2014

November 8th's Weekly TV Recap

Hey, look at this.  I've got the post up on time again.

With the election on Tuesday and another preemption on Monday, I had three fewer shows earlier in the week.  But then the USA Network brought back White Collar and Covert Affairs for the first of six episodes, making the back part of the week fuller.

All I want to know is why they couldn't have done this next week when I'll be busy at work and out of town at Bouchercon?  (Don't worry, I'll put the link up before I leave.)

Anyway, preamble now out of the way, here's what I thought of what I did watch this week.

Once Upon a Time – So the Snow Queen is looking to get her sisters back.  But what happened to the middle sister?  And how did she get that prophecy about Emma?  The mystery just keeps growing, and I love the show as a result.  You can read my full recap here.

Dancing with the Stars – Well, one of the bottom two finally fell this week.  Seemed like a nice guy, but his dancing just isn’t at the level of everyone else.  There were some very good dances out there, and the duos theme was fun.  The dance off was a nice new twist as well, and it really does show how those teams all stack up against each other.

Gotham – Even though the mobsters were back, I still enjoyed this episode.  The payoff for Gordon not killing Penguin was very well done, and I loved how they twisted some things on their ear.  Maybe there is hope for the show yet.  Not completely sold, but certainly intrigued for the next episode.

Arrow – I was hoping that Felicity’s back story would prove to be good.  I was a little surprised the flashback involved college, well until the end.  Still, I thought we’d see more with her mom early on.  That part was very predictable, but still good.  I loved how she disarmed the villain in the end.  But that twist at the end?  I know Roy didn’t do it, but what is giving him dreams thinking he did?  Yikes!

Survivor – Well that was just crazy.  I think that’s the most scrambling I’ve seen post merge in a long time.  They’ve definitely got the Blood vs. Water battle they wanted this time.  But to end with someone just quitting was a bit anti-climatic.  I really, really wanted to see how it would turn out.  That might make it more obvious for the next few weeks, although they sure are trying to muddy the waters with that promo.  It’s usually a sure sign that the outcome is predictable, however.  (Now what, this will be the one time it isn’t.)

Big Bang Theory – That episode had the potential to be so much more, and I’m not quite sure where it failed.  There were some great moments, mainly between Penny and Leonard.  And I am loving them this season.  Of course, everyone is going to be talking about Sheldon and Amy saying “I love you” to each other.  Such a great moment, the way they handled it, too.

White Collar – Part of me is surprised they found Neal already, but with only six episodes, they kind of had to.  Loved seeing Mozzie working so closely with the FBI.  And Elizabeth pregnant!  Love that, too.  Still not sure how I think this series will end, but I am planning to enjoy those final five episodes.

Covert Affairs – So, Auggie has another friend murdered this season.  It can’t be a coincidence.  That can’t bode well for him.  Otherwise, this felt like a fairly typical episode, although now that I’m reminded what the balls are, I’m curious how things will be resolved.  Although you know the hooker is totally dead.  They might as well have flashed it from the roof tops it’s been set up so well.

The Amazing Race – I thought when they gave out “The Save” that it would mean they’d be less generous with the non-elimination legs.  That hasn’t been the case at all.  I mean, this is our second one.  Of course, it doesn’t look like the Save will come into play since the Dentists are back on top and look like they’ll stay that way.  They’re getting cocky again, so I’d like to see them brought down a peg or six (since there are six teams left).  And the Soul Surfers had better up their game as well being at the back of the pack.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.