Saturday, February 27, 2016

Weekly TV Recap for February 27th

You know you are suffering from Sweeps syndrome when two shows you love take a month off, and you aren't that upset by it.  Yes, this is the last you will see of Flash or Arrow on the list until the end of March.  I'll be ready for them to come back at that point, but for now I need a little less TV to watch.

Supergirl – I was wondering how they’d let Lord go.  Glad they did, but I seriously question how long the mutually assured destruction is going to last.  And they had a shout out to Cat Grant’s past in the Superman comics!  Loved it.

Castle – A very different episode, and not one I liked from a mystery standpoint.  However, the way they played out the drama was very effecting and very entertaining.  A good twist on the standard episode.

Team Ninja Warrior – Well, both teams I rooted for lost before we even got to the finals.  Shows how good I am at picking things.  Amazing jump early on and amazing ending to the episode.  These teams are impressive individually, but side by side is so much fun, too.

The Muppets – So now we’ve got a will they/won’t they with Kermit and Miss Piggy.  One of the worst things about this series was breaking them up.  Time to get them back together already!

The Flash – Did not see that ending coming.  So I wonder just how this is all going to play out and what the explanations for what we’ve been seeing so far this season are.  Meanwhile, some very good character development along the way as we see some natural reactions to the previous episode.  Very well done.

Agent Carter – I’m almost wondering where they will go from here.  They could have easily wrapped up the episode from this point if they’d wanted to.  But the preview of next week look intense, so I’m looking forward to seeing how it all ends.

Arrow – A heavy episode.  I figured this would be what breaks Oliver and Felicity up, but it was played out so perfectly.  And Felicity is completely correct in her breakup speech, too.  This is going to have serious repercussions on the rest of the season, and I can’t wait to see how it plays out.

Survivor – Two weeks in a row losing does not the worst team in Survivor history make.  Although I am ready for another team to lose just because it gets boring when one teams loses that much.

Baby Daddy – I actually did not see Bonnie’s game plan coming until the end.  Guess I can be fooled at least some of the time, right?  I always like it when Mary Hart enters the show, and this was another fun episode from that standpoint, too.  Frankly, both storylines were good.

Suits – Seriously?  They are going to leave us there?  And so much for my certainty that they’d give us the cliffhanger with the jury coming back at the end of the season.  I can not picture where they are going to go next week, but I can’t wait to watch it and I’m already dreading the cliffhanger.

Legends of Tomorrow – That was the first time we didn’t have a cliffhanger or see the villain at all.  Yet it was a great episode for fans of Arrow and for more character development.  Maybe not as much action or forward progress to the story, but still great.

Big Bang Theory – I think I expected something with a bit more punch for the 200th.  Not that I didn’t enjoy the episode completely.  So nice to see Leslie pop up again, and the bits with Adam West were lots of fun.  Plenty of laughs even if it wasn’t quite as big as I expected.

The Amazing Race – I hated to see the brothers go.  I wanted them to do very well because I liked them.  But their performance the last couple of weeks made it obvious this wasn’t going to happen.  On the other end of the spectrum, Team Frisbee came in first!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I liked The Big Bang Theory but didn't realize it was the 200th episode. It definitely didn't feel like it was a big anything though it was funny. I'm not really loving anything TV-wise right now. All my usual shows are good but I'm not really excited about anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 100th episode of the show was the one where Leonard and Penny got back together, so I guess I expected something about like that. Still, as you say, pretty funny and I think I would have enjoyed it as a normal episode.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.