Friday, June 10, 2016

June 10th's Book Beginnings and Friday 56

We've made it through another week.  Well, almost anyway.  Actually, today at work is going to be crazy busy, but let's not go there.  Instead, let's focus on Book Beginnings and Friday 56 for the week, shall we?

This week's good is Desperate Housedogs by Sparkle Abbey.



After having the book for almost two years, I've finally read it.  It was a lot of fun.  My full review will be up next week - I'm aiming for Thursday.  To hold you over, there's how the book begins:

I don't normally break into people's homes, but today I was making an exception.

Page 56 is the start of chapter 10, so I'm going to use the first paragraph of that chapter for my quote:

You know how sometimes things seem dire and then you wake up the next morning and they don't seem so awful?  Yeah, not the case this time.  It was a new day but Kevin was still dead.  I was still a murder suspect.  And my mother was still coming to town.

And there you have it for this week.  Have a great weekend.

8 comments:

  1. That beginning has me curious and I like the excerpt. I know that feeling, but not because I'm a murder suspect. LOL Looking forward to your review and adding this to my cozy list.

    My Friday 56 from Checkered Crime

    ReplyDelete
  2. This series by Sparkle Abbey is so fun! I would love for your readers to check out my BB and 56... http://tinyurl.com/LisaKsBookReviewEAPD-LB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful beginning! It sounds like a fun story. This week I have The Masque of the Black Tulip by Lauren Willig. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the snark in the teasers! It definitely sounds like my kind of book. I have a ridiculous number of books on my Kindle, crammed into bookshelves and stacked under things that I absolutely just had to get and yet have had them for years and still haven't read them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds awesome! I instantly loved the theme with dogs, but the snippets were what pulled me right in!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like it is really witty and funny. Hope it was a good read.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lol...I love it...I've read a couple of books in this series and they're good - I just need to read the rest of them - here's my Friday meme

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.