Saturday, June 25, 2016

June 25th's Weekly TV Thoughts

Just as I was getting used to this schedule, they are really starting to shake things up.  Not too much different this week, but next week.  Oh well, I'll figure it out, I'm not worried about that.

America Ninja Warrior – There were several shocks tonight.  The Cowboy Ninja going out so early.  And Brent and Kacy broke up this year!  Yes, you can tell how much I’m getting to know the big names when I actually follow news like that.  Of course, the various shows they have during the rest of the year have helped me with that for sure.  Still, we’ve got a good group moving on to the city finals.

Spartan (Monday) – No, I’m not surprised about who won at the end of the night.  But yes, I was rooting for the farmers.  They did very well for themselves, that’s for sure.

Angie Tribecca – Well, that was a bit of a strange ending.  It felt like there was more to the story, but it just ended.  However, the blowing hair gags were wonderful.  And the removing of the masks in the park was great as well.  As I’m sure is no surprise given the show I’m about to talk about, I especially liked seeing the true Ghostface mask.

Scream – What a weird episode.  All those drug induced nightmares were something else.  And the truth is finally out there.  It’s about time, too.  Although the logical part of my brain is wondering where all the blood came from and why his body didn’t just fall apart when he landed.  I guess Jake has been dead for less than a week, but still, he looks pretty good for a mutilated corpse if you know what I mean.

Royal Pains – They are definitely settings things up to send the characters off in new directions for the series finale.  I usually like it when they leave you with characters staying together for many more adventures, but I can’t complain too loudly about where they seem to be sending everyone.  What intrigues me most is Evan and Eddie.  Evan’s always been the one to believe in Eddie, so this is quite a change.  I’m not saying I don’t understand where he is coming from, but I’m looking forward to seeing how it changes in the last couple of episodes.

Spartan (Thursday) – Someone listened to me, and they are starting to spread my shows around!  I was rooting for the Muddy Minglers all along since they could be me.  Well, if I exercised more and paid attention to diet.  So glad to see them win, although it was fairly obvious with their editing that they would win.

Girl Meet World – I saw that cliffhanger coming, but I was not expecting to have to wait two weeks to find out what happens next.  Two fully weeks!!!  Not happy about that at all.

2 comments:

  1. ANW: I thought they did a poor job of letting us know there would be Brent/Kacy 'news' because I was expecting an on-air marriage proposal. I had noticed (from Twitter) they were travelling separately the last couple of months, but figured they just each had their own family and activities going on.

    Spartan (Thursday): Yes, The Muddy Minglers! I was cheering for them too. Not only for the actual Minglers, but I feel like I "know" their coach Hunter from both Broken Skull Ranch and Boundless.

    No Battlebots? I got hooked on Robot Wars from England back in the day, so Battlebots is always fun for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, no Battlebots. Never really interested me, and I used to have all I could handle with USA Network shows. Now, I'm just trying to get a little more reading time in during the summer, not that it's working well for me so far this year.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.