Saturday, November 12, 2016

November 12th's Weekly TV Thoughts

Welcome to Weekly TV Thoughts for the week.  Still debating on two shows, and I think I'm going to let the unofficial cancellation of a third be that show's swan song.  But since we don't know when the remaining episode will air, I don't have to decide yet, right?

Once Upon a Time – Phew!  I was worried that David was going to die when he broke the curse.  Actually, sharing the curse like this is quite interesting.  I can’t wait to see how they play it and how they eventually break it.  I was also wondering how they were going to do a new first meeting for Snow and David, but I actually liked that and how it played into things.

Supergirl – Lena Luthor is really intriguing me.  When they first announced she’d be on the show, I assumed she was going to be the villain.  Now I’m not so sure.  I think she’s trying to be honest at this point, but it will be interesting to see if she turns or if she is playing Supergirl all along.  The story with Mike was painful.  I’m glad that is over with.

Dancing with the Stars – I called it.  Merilu left this week.  It was refreshing to see Derrick with a partner who didn’t lead from the get go.  He’s still an amazing teacher and choreographer, not taking anything away from him there.  Not sure who will go home next or win at this point.  They are all great dancers left, as the scores indicated this week.

The Odd Couple – It was fun seeing so many of the people from Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley, and Mork and Mindy.  Somehow, I had missed or forgotten that Gary Marshall had died until I heard about this episode, but it was a nice tribute.  The episode itself was okay, but the cameos were nice.  I may be about to stop watching this show.  It’s losing my interest fast.

Conviction – The show was been unofficially canceled, with plans to air the remaining episodes at some point but not order more than the initial 13.  I’m okay with that, and I think I’ll use that as an excuse to stop watching.  Again, it’s not that the show is bad, but it also fails to completely capture my attention.  And I’ve got to start cutting back somewhere.  As to this week, we finally had a week where the person in jail was guilty.  Okay, so there was more to it than that one person, but still, how nice to see that happen.

Arrow – And a Babylon 5 reference for the win!  (That’s my favorite TV show of all time.)  Obviously, we are supposed to think that Lance is the bad guy, but he is clearly being set up.  And his drinking is out in the open again.  Very interested to see where they go with that.  So who is this guy really and what is his interest in Oliver?  And I’m guessing he already knew who Green Arrow was before Church told him last week.

Lethal Weapon - So glad to have this show back.  Only one real stunt, but it was a great one.  Called some of where it was going early on, but it was still so much fun to get there.

Survivor – It’s the merged tribe scramble.  It’s always interesting to watch and see how alliances wind up lining up when all is said and done.  I’m not sure that lines have fully formed yet, but we shall see next week.

Designated Survivor – He actually made a decision and the writers didn’t have him wiggle out of it.  It’s a tough call, and definitely something that can’t be adequately handled in a 42 minute TV show, especially with everything else going on.  The conspiracy behind the attack is getting more interesting.  Can’t wait to see where they do with all of that.

Legends of Tomorrow – Seriously, I think this is my favorite of the four superhero shows.  Yes, I could do without the sermonizing about how people are treated in the past, but the fun and history are great.  And, even with such a large cast, they make a point of giving the characters arcs.  In fact, at time I feel like they are better at that than the other shows because, with such a large cast, they have to work at it.  But that final scene?  Darhk now traveling through history with Thone?  That can’t be good at all.

The Big Bang Theory – A sub-par episode, but then again we had a lot of people making idiots out of themselves.  And just how pregnant is Bernadette supposed to be?  Of course, this is TV where timelines for things like that mean nothing.  Not too happy with Raj’s new relationship.  But that last scene from Amy was great.

The Great Indoors – Still not completely sold, but I definitely enjoyed this better than last week.  That apartment was worth watching for all by itself!  And I enjoyed the bad cop storyline as well.  I’m give it another week and see where it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.