Friday, November 4, 2016

November 4th's Book Beginnings and Friday 56

It's Friday, time for this week's Book Beginnings and Friday 56.

This week's book is Stone Cold Blooded by Catherine Dilts.  It's the third in her Rock Shop Mysteries.


                                                                

And if you look closely at the cover, check out that cover blurb.  It's my first, so I've very excited about it.

But enough about that.  Here's how the book begins.

With every breath and beat of her heart, the bull's-eye seemed to wobble in and out of Morgan's line of sight.

And, moving on to page 56, we get this:

"Success doesn't come without focusing on your goals, but when it escalates to a fist fight in the street...."

And there you have it for this week.  I'll have my review up on Tuesday, so I hope you'll come back to read it.

Have a good weekend.

11 comments:

  1. Congrats Mark. Have a great weekend.
    sherry @ fundinmental Friday Memes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the cover quote! And this sounds like a thrilling series. Must check it out.

    My Friday 56 from Deadly Silence

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many congratulations on the cover quote, that's so awesome! I don't generally read mysteries, but I've been branching out a lot in recent years--I might have to look this series up on goodreads and see what it's all about! Thanks so much for sharing!

    Here's my Friday 56, if you're interested! No worries if you're not, though! Either way, happy book-ing to you in the future, and happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the cover quote

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love both snippets. That beginning felt so real, and that 56 left me wanting to know what happened. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds very good. Well done. My Friday read is After You by Jojo Moyes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! What an honor! The books sounds great too. I'm reading When She's Gone by Jane Palmer this week. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on the blurb! How exciting! This doesn't sound like my type of book exactly but I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.