Friday, March 3, 2017

March 3rd's Book Beginnings and Friday 56

Here we are on Friday again, which means it is time for this week's Book Beginnings and Friday 56.

This week, I'll be sharing teasers from Gone with the Twins by Kylie Logan.

                                                            


This is the fifth in the League of Literary Ladies series, and the book the ladies are reading is, you guessed it, Gone with the Wind.

Which, plays into the beginning:
"Fiddle-dee-dee!"
The real question - at least for me - wasn't where Chandra Morrisey had found the elegant white lace fan she swept back and forth in front of her face when the exclamation oozed out of her, but where on earth her exaggerated Southern drawl had come from.

Of course, by page 56, we are deep into the heart of the mystery:

"There's your killer," I said, motioning toward the door as soon as [character] had shut it behind himself.  "You can't possibly think it was anyone else.  The guy's a stalker and a liar.  He can't even keep his own story straight."
"He might also have an alibi."

I love this series, and this book was no exception.  I'll have a full review up with giveaway on Tuesday, so I hope you'll stop back by then.

In the meantime, have a wonderful weekend.

6 comments:

  1. I recently finished this one and am working on my review. It's a great series. Thanks for sharing with us! I'd love for you and your readers to check out my BB and 56 . . . http://tinyurl.com/LisaKsBookReviewsRTD

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like fun. I'll have to look for book 1 and get on board. This week I am featuring Justice Calling by Annie Bellet. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have my curiosity piqued! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! It doesn't get more cozy than fiddle-dee-dee!

    Thanks for joining in on BBOF!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL This sounds like loads of fun! And I do love a cozy:)

    My Friday 56 from Odds and Ends

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've got a few books in this series but haven't read them yet. It looks fantastic - I can't resist a bookish cozy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.