Sunday, June 4, 2017

Ornament Review: Tina L. Tinselbaum - Snowtop Lodge #12 - 2016 Hallmark Ornament



Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Great looking details that sold me on series
Cons: A bit simple, tips forward
The Bottom Line:
Snowman decorates
Tina brings me to series
Delights despite flaws




It’s Decorating Time!

I had been resisting starting Hallmark’s Snowtop Lodge series since I started collecting ornaments, but I finally caved in 2016.  And what made me do that?  Tina L. Tinselbaum, that year’s addition to the series.

Looking at her after looking at the rest of the series, I do see that Tina is a bit on the simple side, but I do love her.  Of course, how could I not since she is all about decorating for Christmas.  She’s certainly in the spirit since she’s wearing a Santa hat on her head.  She’s holding a box of round colored ball ornaments, and her buttons look just like these ornaments as well.  The scene painted on her bottom is of a forest of evergreen trees with ornaments in them. There are people using boxes of ornaments to add more decorations.

As I said, Tina is actually a little simple compared to some others in the series.  Her upper half is especially plain.  But she still looks great.  What sold me on her and the series was the ornaments as buttons, something that is a staple of the series but I’d never noticed before.  There is something very appealing about her, and I fell under her spell.  Frankly, I’m glad I did because I truly do love this series.

Like the rest of her brethren, you’ll find a nice flat base, so you can set this porcelain ornament out to display if you so choose.  You’ll also find the 12 in a Christmas tree on the bottom of the ornament.

Unfortunately, Tina isn’t perfect, and her biggest flaw is her tilt.  When you go to hang her, you’ll find that she tips forward.  It’s noticeable, but not too bad, in keeping with several of the ornaments entries in this series.  It does allow you to better see the ornaments she is holding, but it hides the scene painted on her.  I wish she hung straight, but the ring is about as far forward as it can be.

Even with that tilt, I do still love Tina L.Tinselbaum.  After all, she is the reason I finally started a series I am proud to own.

You'll be hooked on the rest of this wonderful Snowtop Lodge series.

Original Price: $19.95

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.