Sunday, November 25, 2018

Candy Review: Hershey's Hot Cocoa Kisses


Stars: 4 out of 5
Pros: Delicious combination of milk chocolate and marshmallows
Cons: Only occasionally really taste like a mug of hot chocolate
The Bottom Line:
Delicious candy
Doesn't quite live up to name
But still worth trying




Not Quite a Mug of Hot Chocolate in Candy Form, but Still Good

On a recent trip to the store, I wandered by the candy aisle.  In my defense, they were putting out Christmas candy, and I needed my packages of Christmas mint candies for the year.  But I also spotted the Hot Cocoa Hershey's Kisses.  Intrigued, I had to buy a package and give them a try.

These are a milk chocolate candy with a soft marshmallow center.  Seriously, what's not to love about the combination?  I think if they had called it that, I would have tried it.  But I was curious to see if they would taste by hot chocolate.

The first one I popped into my mouth did.  Okay, so it wasn't hot, but it certainly tasted like a nice mug of hot chocolate when you get a mouthful of melting marshmallows.  Yum, right?  However, the next one didn't taste quite that way.  In fact, they began to taste more like milk chocolate around a marshmallow center.  Every so often, one captures that mug of hot chocolate magic, but it certainly doesn't happen with every piece.

Now, I'm not complaining; these are delicious candies.  I love chocolate and I love marshmallows, so how could they miss?  But it does seem like a candy labeled hot chocolate should be able to capture that hot chocolate magic every time.

So yes, I do recommend you give them a try.  I have a feeling that they will continue to be a holiday treat offered for many years to come even if the Hot Cocoa Hershey's Kisses don't quite live up to their name.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.