Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Ornament Review: Off We Go! - 2018 Hallmark Ornament


Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Great sculpt, song, lights
Cons: None
The Bottom Line:
Heigh-ho from the mine
So many great elements
Come together well




A Diamond in Hallmark's 2018 Line

I am finding it very hard to resist Hallmark's Disney song ornaments.  I must not be the only one since they seem to offer more of them each year.  The easy winner of this year's offerings is Off We Go!

The ornament captures Grumpy and Dopey, the most popular dwarfs, in one of the mine carts from the dwarfs' diamond mine.  And this one is filled with diamonds, so clearly the two are on their way back to the entrance.  Grumpy is in the front of the cart with a disgusted look on his face, while Dopey is behind him with his hands on his head and a delighted smile on his face.

Alone, it would be fun, but as I said earlier, this is one of Hallmark's magic ornaments, which features light and sound.  When the three button batteries are installed and you press the button, you set a clip of the dwarfs singing "Heigh-Ho," and the diamonds themselves light up.

And I love it!  The light element puts this one over the top for me, but overall it is a fantastic.  The sculpt is fun and captures Grumpy and Dopey well.  The music and lights last for almost 30 seconds, which means we get plenty of show without it becoming too much.

Despite the fact that the dwarfs are in a cart, this ornament doesn't role since the wheels are locked in place.  However, the wheels do provide a nice, even surface to allow the ornament to sit out and be enjoyed all year.

When December rolls around and you are ready to put the ornament on your tree, you'll find that it tips forward slightly.  I’m willing to give it a pass since that actually makes Grumpy’s displeasure and Dopey’s delight even more fun since it is easy to picture then riding the cart of the rails in the mine.

Off We Go! is just so much fun.  I knew as soon as I saw it that I had to get it.  I wasn't the only one since the July shipments sold out pretty quickly.  It's back in stock in the stores by me, but I suggest you act quickly because I suspect it will sell out before Christmas and start climbing in the secondary market.

Original Price: $22.99

2 comments:

  1. I don't collect Hallmark ornaments, but do enjoy reading your reviews. I like that not only do you review books, but movies, TV & other things you enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your excellent review reflects what so many of us feel on this delightful ornament. I had not been to Disney World for awhile so I was interested to hear that this ornament is a reminder of the new Snow White mine ride in Fantasyland. That will make it a triple threat for those who like a souvenir of their good time there. The quality of sound on this is amazing, too, considering that it is probably from the original movie of nearly 80 years ago.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.