Sunday, November 4, 2018

Snack Review: Goldfish - Mickey Mouse Special Edition

Stars: 4 out of 5
Pros: Fun twist on Goldfish crackers to celebrate Mickey
Cons: I'm not the biggest fan of Goldfish crackers
The Bottom Line:
Mickey shaped crackers
Adds magical touch but they're
Still Goldfish crackers

The Snack that Smiles Back Now More Magical

I am enjoying how a couple companies are getting into the celebration for Mickey's 90th birthday.  The second I'm aware of is Pepperidge Farms, who released a special version of their popular Goldfish crackers in honor of this monumental occasion.

No, these aren't a package of all Mickey shaped crackers.  Instead, they've incorporated red Mickey Mouse head crackers in the middle of the regular orange goldfish shaped crackers.  I’d say the Mickey Mouse crackers are maybe a quarter of the crackers inside the package.  I don't buy very many Goldfish crackers, so I was surprised to learn they've recently started offering more options when it comes to flavors, but these are only being released in the original Cheddar flavor.

How do you know if you've bought one of these special packages?  The outside clearly states this, and it has Mickey Mouse on the front.  In fact, there are three special packages, so you can collect all three, or at least buy your favorite.

I must admit, I'm not the biggest fan of Goldfish crackers.  I like them well enough, but they seem to lose their flavor after a few handfuls.  At least that's been my experience with them.  Still, the flavor for those first few handfuls are good.  And yes, the Mickey crackers may be a different color, but they taste the same.

If you are looking for your own package, I've got good news and bad news.  The bad news is these are a Target exclusive item, so you'll have to go to your local Target to get a package.  The good news is, they plan to sell these for 12 months, so you've got plenty of time to get a package.  I'm sure they'll be around through next summer at least.

There is just enough of a magical twist to these crackers to make me go out and buy a package.  Since I don't usually buy Goldfish crackers, I doubt I will get another one, but the Disnerd in me enjoyed the one package.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.