Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Ornament Review: Ralph and Vanellope - 2018 Hallmark Ornament


Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Ralph and Vanellope look great
Cons: We didn't have this ornament sooner
The Bottom Line:
Ralph, Vanellope
Finally team up for your tree
Fans will be happy




Ralph and Vanellope Together Again

Sometimes, I just scratch my head at what Disney movies do or don't get ornaments.  For example, Wreck-It Ralph never got an ornament despite being such a huge hit.  But with the sequel set to come out today (can't wait to see it!), Hallmark seized the opportunity to correct that oversight with this ornament of Ralph and Vanellope.

Technically, this ornament is a tie in to the new sequel, but there is nothing to make that official.  After all, the ornament is just the two characters.  Ralph is a big guy all set to destroy stuff.  After all, that's his job in his video game.  He's dressed in his reddish/orange shirt and brown overalls.  Vanellope is much smaller since she comes from a racing video game.  In fact, she's small enough to sit on Ralph's shoulders.  They are both smiling out at us and have their arms up like they are showing off their muscles.

I'd never really thought about it, but between Ralph's red shirt and Vanellope's sea green outfit, they almost fit in perfectly with traditional Christmas colors, and they aren't even trying.

But that's not why I love this ornament so much.  I'm thrilled to have these characters to hang on my tree.  I really loved this movie when it first came out, and I still really enjoy it when I rewatch it, so it is wonderful to have someone from it to hang on my tree.

The fact that it came out this year is actually a huge bonus for me.  Several of my co-workers and I dressed up as these characters for Halloween last month.  I was Fix-It Felix, so an ornament of him would be even better, but still, it is perfectly time to remind me of the fun we had together.

Because Ralph is so big, his feet are large enough to allow this ornament to stand on its own.  However, Ralph wants to pitch forward, so if you do set this ornament out, I recommend you set it on a very sturdy surface that won’t get bumped.

Meanwhile, the ornament is also perfectly balance, so when you go to hang it on your tree, you'll find it hangs straight.

It's a shame it took a sequel to give us these characters, but if that is what it took to get this great ornament, I'll gladly take it.

Original Price: $15.99

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.