Sunday, May 5, 2019

Disney Mug Review: Piglet - Disney Wisdom Collection #4

Stars
: 3 out of 5
Pros: Good quality mug
Cons: Color and quote don’t appeal to me
The Bottom Line:
Weak quote and pink mug
Make this my least favorite
Sure others will love



Questionable Quote on a Pink Mug

With as popular as the Winnie the Pooh characters are, I wasn’t at all surprised to see them pop up in the Disney Wisdom Collection.  In fact, I would have been surprised if they hadn’t.  Unfortunately, I do feel like the April mug is the weakest in the series, but I know it is probably most about personal taste.

You see, the color of the month is pink – baby girl pink.  That’s never been one of my favorite colors, and so this mug doesn’t appeal to me as much.  Of course, I still got it.  I’m a collector, after all, and must get all of this series.  (Seriously, businesses love people like me.)  However, people who love pink will not have the issue with this mug I do.

Since the main character this month is Piglet, the color makes perfect sense.  In fact, this may make the most sense of any of the sets in the series.  You can see this on the side of the mud that features Piglet.  He is joined by Tigger.  They have a three-tone pink theme going, and it makes them look great.  Okay, Tigger is usually orange, but pink works on him.  These characters look the best of any of the characters to date.

On the other side of the mug is my other issue with it – the quote.  It comes from the movie The Search for Christopher Robin and quotes Christopher Robin as saying, “You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.”  It sounds good, but I also think there is wisdom in knowing limitations and when to ask others for help if at all possible.  Maybe if I saw this quote in context in the movie, I’d feel better about it.  The quote itself looks good in dark pink and green with doodles, some of them leaves, surrounding it.

As with the others in this set, the mug is 14 oz and completely dishwasher and microwave safe.

Between the color and the quote, this mug is my least favorite in the series so far, and probably for the entire set.  I have a feeling it will be the one I reach for last on my shelf.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.