Sunday, May 5, 2019

Disney Pin Review: Piglet - Disney Wisdom Collection #4

Stars
: 4 out of 5
Pros: Characters look great
Cons: Quote sounds good but isn’t as wise as others
The Bottom Line:
Disappointing quote
Offset by great characters
Still mostly good set




My Least Favorite Quote in the Disney Wisdom Collection

When I first read through the quote choices for the Disney Wisdom Collection back in January, I was nodding my head as I read most of them.  One, however, stopped me cold – the one for April.  Not only didn’t I recognize the quote right away, but I really questioned the wisdom in it.  I’m still feeling that way despite now having the pin set.

The quote this month comes from The Search for Christopher Robin, which is why I didn’t recognize it – I have yet to see this straight to home video movie.  Christopher Robin himself is speaking in the quote.  “You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.”  It sounds good, but it just doesn’t sit right with me.  It’s too touchy feely for me, I guess.  It can be inspiring if you are feeling down on yourself, but there is actually wisdom in knowing your limits and seeking out help when you need it, and this quote seems to fly in the face of recognizing weaknesses and learning how best to deal with them.  Of course, the opposite can be true, and people are able to do amazing things when pushed to their limits in extraordinary circumstances.  Maybe if I saw this quote in the context of the movie, I’d appreciate it more.

Anyway, the pin set itself is nice.  The color this month is pink.  The quote uses green as an accent color, and, despite being a bit long, manages to fit well on the banner pin.  The other two pins feature Piglet and Tigger.  Piglet is a natural for pink, and Tigger actually looks good in this color as well.  While everyone has been stylized, these two look the most like themselves.  And, while I’m not the biggest fan of pink as a color, it doesn’t bother me that much in this set since the characters look so great and it fits in with the other sets in the series so well.  Really, these are going to look so great together once they’ve all been released.

Since I’m a collector, as you may have noticed, I got this pin set despite my feelings on the quote, and I fully intend to use it on my display pennant.  However, the quote offsets the fact that these characters look the best of any so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.