Thursday, August 15, 2019

Ornament Review: Cozy Cup - Petite Penguin #4 - 2019 Hallmark Ornament



Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Cute ornament
Cons: Size if you aren’t expecting a mini ornament
The Bottom Line:
A penguin in cup
Creates a cute ornament
Small, enjoyable




I’ll Take a Penguin with My Tea

Hallmark’s Petite Penguin series has quickly become a favorite.  The penguins are so very cute, and each entry finds them doing something else that is charming.  This year’s Cozy Cup is no exception.

This year, we’ve got a penguin sitting inside a cup.  The cup is mostly white with some red borders and Christmas trees painted on the sides.  The penguin’s head is sticking out of the top and a blue and green scarf is around his neck.  No, there isn’t anything inside the cup, but to be it looks like something you’d serve tea in.

See, this is so very cute.  I am curious how the penguin got into this cup, but I’m overthinking.  And maybe my years seeing Snoopy sled in his supper dish have influences me, but I can easily picture this penguin sliding down a hill inside his cup.  No, there is nothing in the ornament that makes me think this is what is really happening, but I can still picture it.

Now, you caught the name of the series, right?  Because it is called Petite Penguin for a reason.  The ornament is just under an inch tall, and not much wider, so keep that in mind when you buy it.

The cup does have a flat bottom, so you can set this ornament out if you want.  It would be easy to lose it if you aren’t careful doing that, however.  That’s why I plan to hang mine on a mini tree I’ve bought from Hallmark.  If you slip a hook through the loop on the penguin’s head, you’ll find that it hangs straight.

This is the fourth ornament in this miniature series, so you’ll find a 4 in a Christmas tree on the ornament.  I must admit, it was in the third place I looked, but if you have sharp eyes, you should be able to find it.

These miniature ornaments aren’t for everyone, but I am loving them.  If you are looking for something very small to round out your Christmas decorations, you’ll want to take a closer look at Cozy Cup.

Looking for more cute?  Here are the rest of the Petite Penguin ornaments.

Original Price: $7.99

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.