Sunday, August 18, 2019

Disney Mug Review: Bambi - Disney Wisdom Collection #8

Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Good mug, good quote
Cons: I’m saying nothing about cons
The Bottom Line:
This great looking mug
Offers wisdom and a way
To practice silence

Stuck for Something Nice to Say?  Take a Drink from this Mug

The August quote in the Disney Wisdom Collection is one I knew would be included from the beginning.  And this mug is the perfect way to put it into practice.

The quote this month is Thumper’s often quoted line from Bambi, “If you can’t say something nice, don’t say nothing at all.”  There is a lot of wisdom in being silent, right?  And this mug gives you the perfect way to put that into practice.  Stuck for something to say?  Simply take a sip from the mug.  You can’t speak while you’ve got liquid in your mouth, so you can either come up with something nice to say while you swallow or drink until the conversation has moved on to another topic.  Problem solved.

Like the rest of the mugs in this series from Shop Disney and The Disney Store (you can buy these limited edition mugs either on line or in stores while supplies last), they are short and wide, but they still easily hold 12 oz. of liquid.  As you’d expect from modern mugs, these are completely dishwasher and microwave safe.

The color this month is a brownish orange.  I am probably a bit colored in my view of the mug (pun definitely intended) since Bambi is the featured character this month.  Either way, it’s a good color and fits in well with the rest of the collection.  One side of the mug features the quote, with key words highlighted in green so they really stand out.  Bordering the quote, we get stylized twigs and branches, perfectly designed to fit in with the decorations of the rest of the series.  On the other side are the two characters.  No, Thumper isn’t one of them.  Instead, we get Bambi and Flower.  While Flower looks a bit off in these two shades of orange brown, Bambi actually looks pretty good in this color.  Both of the characters are distinct enough to stand out from the base color of the mug.  The leaf motif is carried over to the character side of the mug, which I really enjoy as well.

These mugs are proving to be fun, and the Bambi mug is no exception.  Plus I love how it can be used to practice what it preaches.

1 comment:

  1. I'm a bit on the fence about this one. I love the quote but Bambi isn't one of my favorite movies. I'll probably end up with it though - I have very little self control when it comes to Disney mugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.