Friday, August 23, 2019

Ornament Review: Golfing with Woodstock - 2019 Hallmark Ornament



Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Fun ornament for Peanuts fans
Cons: None for me
The Bottom Line:
A Peanuts golf bag
Adds fun and whimsy to tree
A limited piece



Are These Snoopy’s Golf Clubs?

Any fan of the Peanuts knows that Snoopy loves to golf.  Naturally, he’s been seen on the range with his friend Woodstock many times.  But now we may have a glimpse of his clubs thanks to this Hallmark limited edition ornament – Golfing with Woodstock.

The ornament doesn’t actually feature either character.  Instead, it is a set of golf clubs in a mostly red bag with blue trim.  While the painted on stitching seems like something from the Peanuts universe, the thing that really makes it Peanuts related are the covers for the two wood clubs in the bag.  Both of them are Woodstock heads.  No, they aren’t actually Woodstock, but club covers made to look like Woodstock.

Now, I realize that we could be talking about Woodstock’s clubs.  After all, the name of this ornament is Golfing with Woodstock.  But I can’t picture Woodstock actually golfing – probably partially because of a cartoon I remember about Woodstock not wanting to play with Snoopy.  And, somehow, I can’t quite picture Woodstock having clubs like this, but I can picture Snoopy doing it.

Then again, maybe it’s the size.  This is a standard sized ornament, and it feels too big to be a set of clubs for Woodstock.  Then again, it was released as a companion to this year’s Spotlight on Snoopy ornament, and it is too big for Snoopy in that ornament as well.  So the size really doesn’t mean anything.

Now that we’ve established that these really could be anyone’s clubs, let’s just talk about the ornament itself.  It’s cute, and in a touch I love, the Woodstock heads are fuzzy just like a many wood club covers are.  I must admit, I always passed on it just because I am trying to cut down on ornaments, but at the last minute I caved and bought it, and I’m glad I did.

Just like real golf club bags can stand on their own, so can this one.  The base is wide enough to allow that.  When you go to hang it, you’ll find that it hangs at a really fun angle, which is always fun.

No matter whose golf clubs these are, Golfing with Woodstock is a fun ornament.  Any Peanuts fan will be thrilled to have it in their collection.

Original Price: $17.99

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.