Sunday, August 18, 2019

Disney Pin Review: Bambi - Disney Wisdom Collection #8

Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Good quote, good looking characters
Cons: Thumper isn’t one of the characters
The Bottom Line:
Wisdom in silence
Bambi inspired pin set
Thumper speaks the truth

Don’t Worry, I Have Plenty of Nice Things to Say About This Pin Set

When I first saw the announcement about the Disney Wisdom Collection, I knew there was one quote that would be part of the set for sure.  Sure enough, as I looked through the quotes selected, there was Thumper’s iconic quote in August.

Yes, this month’s quote is “If you can’t say something nice, don’t say nothing at all.”  This is a quote from Thumper, who is quoting his dad, from the movie Bambi.  And, it is something I think we need to remember, especially these days, it seems.  Of course, there is a time to speak the truth, a truth that isn’t nice or someone might not want to hear, but you can say it gently and nicely.  In the context of the movie, however, this quote certainly rings true.  Saying nothing is better than blurting out comments that will do nothing but hurt someone.

As usual, the pin set features three pins.  The color this month is a burnt orange.  Since we haven’t had orange yet in this set, I’m sure it is supposed to be orange, but appears more brown than orange to me.  Anyway, one of the pins is the quote, with some of the words highlighted in green.  The featured character this month is Bambi.  Maybe that’s why I am picturing the color as more brown than orange.  Anyway, he looks like he is about to leap, and he looks great.  Rounding out the set is Flower the skunk, who looks a bit off in the two different shades of brown presented here, but he doesn’t look too bad.

Yes, this means once again the person who offers the wisdom isn’t present.  I honestly figured that Thumper would be part of the set, so this is my biggest surprise with the set this month.  (Okay, so it is really Thumper’s dad who has taught Thumper this bit of wisdom, but everyone attributes it to Thumper.)  Out of the eight quotes released so far in the series, only three of the characters quoted have shown up in the pin set, and it’s not looking good for the rest of them either.  Obviously, I’m the only one who expected the speaker to be part of the set most months.

That aside, I definitely like this set.  The characters, while still stylized, look good, and the quote is fantastic.

So I am glad to add this pin set to my Disney Wisdom collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.