Sunday, September 29, 2019

Disney Mug Review: Sword in the Stone - Disney Wisdom Collection #9

Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Great color and quote
Cons: None for me
The Bottom Line:
Pretty lavender
Really makes this mug stand out
Features a great quote

Let Me Share My Knowledge About This Mug

We’ve reached three quarters of the way through the Disney Wisdom Collection.  My cupboards are overflowing with mugs, but I don’t regret starting to collect these for a minute.  This month’s mug is a great addition to the series.

This month the quote comes from Wart, aka King Arthur, in The Sword in the Stone.  It is “Knowledge and wisdom is the real power.”  And this is a power that anyone can use.  I kind of like the fact that wisdom is showing up in this quote from the Disney Wisdom Collection.  Feels appropriate, right?

The mug itself is lavender while the inside color is a deep purpose.  The two combined are beautiful.  One side of the mug features the characters for the month – Merlin and Madam Mim.  They both look to be dancing, but Merlin is a bit more on his feet with his wand waved.  Mim is dancing with complete abandon, and I actually like how she looks.

The other side features the quote in yellow and orange.  It’s a great choice and stands out from the lavender well while complimenting it.

The squiggles around the quote and characters this month are stars and diamonds.  I also feel like they are magic from the two characters bouncing around.  These squiggles have always been appropriate, but I feel this is especially true this month.

The mugs are designed with a base slightly smaller than the rest so you can stack them.  That has definitely helped my cupboard space a little.  It’s short but wide, so it holds 12 oz. of liquid.  As you’d expect from a contemporary mug, it is completely dishwasher and microwave safe.

I haven’t been a big fan of the colors chosen for the last couple of months, but I am loving this one.  I think it will become a favorite in the series.

If you have been collecting this series, you’ll be glad to add the September mug to your collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.