Monday, December 16, 2019

Christmas Decoration Review: Star Galaxy Wreath - 2019 Hallmark Release



Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Great looking wreath
Cons: Power cord woven in would be nice
The Bottom Line:
This pre-lit black wreath
Great for sci fi ornaments
Squint and you’ll see stars




A Galaxy of Fun in Wreath Form

I have more ornaments than I know what to do with.  Seriously, I need to go through and weed out some of my ornaments.  So what did I do this year?  I bought a wreath to display some of them instead.  But I just couldn’t resist getting the Star Galaxy Wreath.

This is a black wreath.  I know, I know, black?  It all depends on what you intend to use the wreath for.  It would look good with Halloween ornaments, for example.  Or you could use it for science fiction ornaments.  That what I intend to use it for – specifically the Star Wars Storyteller ornaments.  With a 30 inch diameter, it’s the perfect size for displaying those ornaments.  (Well, it is if you follow Hallmark’s suggestion and hang one in the middle of the wreath.)  And it is pre-lit.  Considering my luck with bulbs, I’m a little leery of anything pre-lit, but I bought it anyway.  The bulbs are all white LED lights.  So they are stars in the inky blackness of space, especially if you squint a bit when you look at it.

Hallmark clearly created it with the Star Wars Storyteller ornaments in mind since they only show it in the Dreambook and on their website with those ornaments on it, but you really could use it for anything.  Personally, I’m excited to have something appropriate to show off that part of my collection each year without taking up space on my trees, which is always at a premium.

However, since that was the intent, it would be nice if they had included a storyteller power cord woven into the wreath.  It’s easy enough to add one yourself, but it would be more organic if they did it for you.  It’s a minor complaint.

The wreath is just a wreath – there’s no door hanger included.  So you’ll need to get a hanger as well.

Still, this is a nice looking black wreath.  So if you are looking for a pre-lit black wreath, the Star Galaxy Wreath is one to consider.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.