Friday, May 15, 2020

May 15th's Book Beginnings and Friday 56

I'm back again this week with another round of Book Beginnings and Friday 56.

This week, I'm featuring Spiders from Mars by Diane Vallere.

                                              

Yes, this has a sci-fi setting, but it is a mystery at heart.  Plus it's fun.  Just take a look at how it starts.

The first thing I did was have Neptune declared legally dead.  It was an unlikely start to a rescue mission, but it was my first one, and Neptune's incarceration made it difficult to ask him for advice.

Moving on to 56% into this ebook, we get this:

Uh-oh again!  Norman must have turned on the gravity assist, because I hadn't even noticed that I was slowly gliding toward the ground!

So yes, it does have sci-fi elements.  I love getting to try out a different setting like that.

I'll be reviewing this book on Tuesday, so I hope you'll come back for it.  In the meantime, have a wonderful weekend.

7 comments:

  1. This is the second time I've seen Spiders from Mars today. It seems like an interesting story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fun story! I love that opening line. It really had me curious about what exactly Sylvia's plan was going to entail. Hope you have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Someone else is reading this one this week also. Looks fun! Happy weekend, stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm already intrigued by this book, but these snippets really convince me to pick it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Popular book this week. You all are whetting my appetite, lol.

    Happy reading and happy weekend!

    My Friday Book Memes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Snap! Two of you with this fun book. Great beginning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Diane Vallere but have only read her cozy mysteries. This sounds fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.