Friday, May 8, 2020

May 8th's Book Beginnings and Friday 56

It's been a couple of weeks, but I'm back with Book Beginnings and Friday 56 this week.

This week's book is Going Nowhere Fast by Gar Anthony Haywood.

                                                 

This is a fun older book.  Here's how it starts:

We thought we had left Bad Dog in Las Vegas.

That certainly made me want to read more.

Jumping ahead to page 56, we find this exchange:

"Okay, okay!  I was hidin' in there, yeah!  I was in the closet hidin'!"
"From Dozer Meadows," I said.
"Yeah, that's right.  From Dozer Meadows."
"Why?  What's he got to do with you?"
"Nothin'.  'Cept that he wants to kill me."

I'm running well ahead of when I am reviewing books, so I've finished this one already.  I'll have my review of the book up next Friday, so I'm going to make you wait a full week to see my thoughts.

Have a safe weekend.

5 comments:

  1. Such an intriguing 56!! Sounds like so much fun, for sure!! Happy weekend, stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of this one. I want to know who Bad Dog is. Stay healthy Mark.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The snippets got me curious. They give the impression of a fun read though :)
    Konna @ The Reading Armchair

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you're enjoying it Mark. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've definitely got me curious! I look forward to reading your review. I hope you enjoyed it. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.