Friday, May 29, 2020

Ornament Review: Tea Time! #4 - Chimney Sweep Snowman - 2019 Release


Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Creative and fun set
Cons: None
The Bottom Line:
Snowman chimney sweep
Fantastic ornament set
Brings the tea time fun




Chilly Chimney Sweep

There are some job combinations I would never expect.  For example, a snowman as a chimney sweep?  I mean, fire makes snowmen melt, so I would think they would not be in favor of helping with fires at all.  But a snowman chimney sweep is exactly what we got with 2019’s two ornament Tea Time set.

The bigger, teapot inspired ornament is a snowman.  He’s got his top hat on, and he’s dressed in a vest with a green jacket over it.  His scarf is a reddish color, and it not only wraps around his neck but is long enough to form the handle for the teapot.  One arm is out and holding a brush that forms the spout.

The second, smaller ornament, is the cup of the tea set.  In this case, the outside is decorated to look like bricks.  And there are three lumps of sugar floating in the top of the cup.  Or, as I always say, three mini marshmallows because the liquid looks like hot chocolate to me.

I’m a little surprised that the snowman’s hat isn’t the cup in this set, but that’s a minor complaint.  I do love the way these ornament looks, and I find a snowman working as a chimney sweep oddly appealing.

Since these ornaments represent a teapot and cup, it’s no surprise that they stand on their own.  You can add them to any display you wish, although the ornaments are made of porcelain, so they will break easily if knocked off.

They also hang straight as well.  The snowman tips forward ever so slightly, but he is leaning back a little when standing, so it looks natural both ways.

This is the fourth in a planned series of five, so you’ll find the four on the bottom of both ornaments.

Tea Time has featured some fantastically creative sets, and this fourth set is no exception.

Be sure to check out the rest of the Tea Time ornament sets.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.