Friday, August 14, 2020

August 14th's Book Beginnings and Friday 56

 We made it to Friday once again.  Time to check in with Book Beginnings and Friday 56.

This week, I'm featuring a Digging Up the Remains by Julia Henry.


                                                       

As you might have guessed, this book takes place around Halloween.  It doesn't come out until 8/25, but I'll be reviewing it early - next Thursday.

Here's how the book beginnings:

"Lilly, I have bad news," Delia Greenway said quietly, leaning in toward her friend Lilly Jayne so the others couldn't overhear her.

So much intrigue on page 56, but I'm going to go with this quote:

"Lilly, one of the posts he did this morning says he's going to unearth a secret lily.  I assume he's talking about what he was threatening you with last night."

I do hope you'll come back on Thursday to read my review.

In the meantime, have a wonderful weekend.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds intriguing... Good Halloween read!

    Happy weekend, here's my Weekend Book Friends

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Halloweeen so this would be a fun cozy for me! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds so good! I have to add it to my list.

    My Friday post is here.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.