Friday, August 21, 2020

August 21st's Book Beginnings and Friday 56

 It's Friday, and boy am I ready for the weekend!  But first, here's this week's Book Beginnings and Friday 56.

This week, I'm featuring The Falcon Always Wings Twice, the 27th and newest Meg Langslow mystery from Donna Andrews.

                                                      

I must admit, I picked this book this week purely for the opening line.

"I think they're plotting to bump off Terence today," Michael said.

I mean, how perfect is that, right?  Especially since this is a murder mystery.

Page 56 isn't nearly as exciting.

 

"Sorry," he said.  "On the phone with my beastly boss."

"I didn't mean to interrupt you."

"Actually, I'm glad you did," he said.  "It can be like pulling teeth getting him off the phone."


I love this series, and this book was a fantastic entry in the series.  I'll have my official review next Thursday, so I hope you'll come back to see what I thought then.

Meantime, have a nice relaxing weekend.

5 comments:

  1. I love the title! And the cover. Very clever play of words and graphics.

    Happy weekend and here's my Weekend Book Friends

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy reading and have a great weekend!

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
  3. The series sounds like fun mysteries :) Nothing like starting off in the thick of it - plotting to knock someone off is definitely necessary in a murder mystery. Thanks for sharing and enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.