Sunday, August 23, 2020

Disney Pin Review: The Horned King - Windows of Evil - 2018 Release

Stars: 3 out of 5
Pros: Good representation of a rare villain
Cons: Nothing really to recommend except to diehard fans
The Bottom Line:
Unusual choice
A rare villain depicted
Film’s fans will delight

Evil Grows Horns

Probably the biggest surprise in the Windows of Evil and Magic pin series were the pins themed around The Black Cauldron.  Disney does very little with this movie, and with good reason – it really isn’t that good or popular.  But, being the collector I am, I bought the Windows of Evil pin for The Horned King.

I have the movie, of course, (what kind of DisNerd would I be if I didn’t), but it’s been years since I watched it.  As a result, my memory of it is weak.  I do remember enough to recognize The Horned King, basically a skeleton dressed in red, looking at us from the top of the pin.  The bottom part of the pin is the Black Cauldron itself, with some dangerous green mist coming out of it.

As always, the faux stained-glass element of the pin is fantastic.  There is a cauldron up at the top of the border, but other than that, the pin’s border just looks like decoration to me.

Of course, if I were more familiar with the movie, I might recognize something else.  As it is, I think this is just a pin for fans of the movie.  I’m sure they were shocked and delighted to get something for this movie since it is very rare to see that happen at all.  These are the only merchandise I can think of that I have related to this movie.

Without a connection to the movie, I can’t say I’m drawn to the Horned King Windows of Evil pin.  This one is for completists like me or fans of the movie only.

If you'd like to see pictures, I hope you'll stop by my Instagram account.

1 comment:

  1. I have a whole bunch of pins I got from Florida last year. They are fun to collect. I haven't seen Black Cauldron yet but it is on my to watch list.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.