Friday, August 7, 2020

August 7th's Book Beginnings and Friday 56

 We've made it to Friday!  It's time for this week's Book Beginnings and Friday 56.

This week, I'm featuring Murder on Sisters' Row by Victoria Thompson.

                                               

This is another in the Gaslight Mysteries which are set in 1890's New York City.

Here's how the book begins:

Sarah and the 


"Oh, no," Maeve said when they'd turned the girls were strolling back from the Gansevoort Market, thoroughly enjoying the crisp fall morning and chatting happily about the purchases piled high in the large baskets Sarah and Maeve carried over their arms.

corner onto Bank Street and saw the carriage parked in front of Sarah's house

.

The teaser from page 56?  It's a bit evil, I must admit.

"I'm so sorry!  I was just trying to spare you, but I see I've done just the opposite.  I'm going to a brothel this morning to take the baby I delivered last week from his mother."

I know, I know, this doesn't sound my a book I'd normally read.  Yes, it is a bit more serious than my typical cozy, but I love this series.  If you want to fully understand that teaser, you'll have to read the book.  I know you'll love it.  I'll be reviewing it on Thursday, so I hope you'll come back to read it.

In the meantime, have a great weekend.

6 comments:

  1. The quotes are interesting. Enjoy your current read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I'm adding this to my tbr! Thank you for sharing it, I'm now really curious about this series!
    Here's my Friday Post

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rather dark 56. I want to know why though! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the sound of this one, and the series!

    I got BBOF posted late, but it is up now if you want to visit and link your post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds very interesting! Thanks for sharing and enjoy your week :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.