Saturday, May 22, 2021

May 22nd's Weekly TV Thoughts

Legends of Tomorrow – Now that’s the fun that I love this show for.  I mean, a singing competition with the fate of the world on the line?  What else would this show do?  Although I am worried about Sarah and that poison (or whatever it is) going through her body.

Ellen’s Game of Games – I’m curious why Ellen and Twitch were playing all the games.  It was a bit of a bust in the first couple, but I enjoyed it in the last two rounds.  I really want to know what the guy in the food game actually eats.  I’m wondering if he was just too nervous to really recognize anything.

The Equalizer – Hard to ignore the politics.  Alt-Right?  Creating bombs?  Sorry, but it was very obviously political.  Having said that, I really did enjoy the plot itself and the way it played out.  I just couldn’t quite keep myself from rolling my eyes.

Batwoman – Please.  Could they be any more obvious in their attempts to lecture us?  And the Zombie plot like was pretty pathetic as well.  A bad episode to air before a three week break.  Makes it easy to forget about the show.

Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist – So she’s back with Max.  I’m glad since I have been on team Max pretty much from the beginning.  I just hope it stays that way.  I didn’t not see that ending coming, however.  Talk about a cliffhanger.  I hope they come back because I need to know what is going to happen next.  And if this gives Zoey more of a chance to sing, I’m all for it because she’s got a great voice, too.

The Flash – I knew this was a two parter, so I was trying to come up with a cliffhanger.  I never would have imagined that cliffhanger coming, however.  Wow!  Everyone knocked out?  That can’t be good.  And Joe quitting his job?  I really thought we’d seen the last of that over-zealous woman.  I’m wondering exactly where they are going to go with that.  And if it means we will get Killer Frost back at some point this season.

Superman and Lois – I am so happy this show is back!  Yes, it feels like Smallville still, but they advanced so many stories.  And the drama.  Man can they bring it.  We feel for all the characters even when they are making poor decisions.  Naturally, I am dying to know what is going on with Jordan.

United States of Al – I’m actually very impressed.  They took on a hard subject and didn’t lecture us.  Since we are sympathetic to Al, we naturally side with him a bit more, but they acknowledged hard choices and didn’t say that one was all good and the other all bad.  If only more shows did that these days.

Wipeout – Wow!  Talk about a photo finish.  While I did pick the winning team of the final two, I never would have guessed that it would be so close.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.