Friday, October 8, 2021

Travel Review: Hawaii Zipline Tours

Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Great scenery, fun and professional staff
Cons: I want to go again, but I'm home so I can't
The Bottom Line:
Hawaii Zipping
Perfect for a first timer
Beautiful and fun


Zip Over to Hawaii Zipline Tours for a Great Zipline Experience

I recently spent a week on the Big Island of Hawaii with a couple of friends, and one of the things I brought up to do was ziplining.  Now, if you know me, that might be very surprising since I hate heights.  With a passion.  But I’ve always wanted to try it, and some of the tours I was seeing looked great.  We wound up going with Hawaii Zipline Tours, and all three of us had a blast.

The company is located in Honomu, on the Hilo side of the Big Island.  Their zipline tour involves seven ziplines, each with increasing height, distance and speed.  That was perfect for me, since it meant I was able to build up to the biggest and scariest.  The first one is extremely short and not too far off the ground.  By the time we got to the final one, half a mile long over a huge gorge, I was ready for it.  Yes, I was still nervous, but it was such a rush that I enjoyed it.

The tour takes place out in farmland.  That means as you are waiting for your turn, you get to enjoy some beautiful flowers and some Hawaiian plants.

But you’ll notice I mentioned a gorge at the end.  Over the course of the seven zips, you actually zipline by two waterfalls and over gorges a total of three times.  And they are all beautiful!  My hands were firmly on the ropes the entire time I was going down the zipline, but I would have loved to take a few pictures as I was flying over the breathtaking scenery if I wasn’t worried I’d drop something.

The staff was friendly and talked a little about the plants we were walking past.  They double checked everything carefully at every zip, and I was quickly comfortable with their professionalism.

The picture is one I took from the top of the final zipline.  What you can't see from this picture is the waterfall you pass as you go down.  It was breathtaking.

I’m ready to go ziplining again now.  And if I am ever fortunate enough to make it back to the Island of Hawaii, I will definitely consider taking another tour with Hawaii Zipline Tours.

2 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to go ziplining but have never quite had the courage. I don't have too much of a problem with heights so I think if you were able not just to do it but to enjoy it I think I could as well. This sounds like such an amazing experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not fond of heights either but I've allways thought ziplining lower to the ground might be fun. Congratulations on ziplining in spite of the heights! I'm so happy for you that you actually enjoyed the experience as well. I do hope another opportunity for a trip to Hawaii will present itself again in your future. What a great place to vacation! Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.