Sunday, October 10, 2021

Disney Pin Review: Goofy Fishing - All Star Trading Cards #10 - 2020 Release

Stars: 4 out of 5
Pros: Goofy with a nod to a classic short
Cons: Is fishing really a sport?
The Bottom Line:
Goofy goes fishing
A nod to a classic short
Collectible pin




I Have This Pin, but You Ought to See the One That Got Away

When I first saw the October release for the All Star Trading Cards pin series, I wondered just how they came up with Goofy Fishing.  Then, I suddenly remembered all of his “How To” videos they released over the years, and I did a quick search.  After once again enjoying “How to Fish,” I appreciate this pin so much more.

No surprise, this pin features Goofy out fishing.  He’s standing in a stream with one leg raised, and he’s about to cast his line to try to catch a fish.  But don’t worry.  I have a feeling that Goofy is going to be in more trouble than any fish.  I mean, this is Goofy, right?

Goofy’s outfit is similar to his look in that classic short from 1942, but I don’t recognize this particular pose.  That’s being nitpicky.  As a fan of those old shorts, it’s nice to see them reference one with this pin.  (And a little embarrassing to acknowledge how long it took me to recognize that was the basis of this pin.)

As always, we get “Fishing” written in a sparkly blue banner across the bottom of the pin, and Goofy’s signed our card in the upper right corner.  Goofy himself is raised slightly from the background of the pin.

As with some of the others, I do have to question whether fishing is really a sport or not.  Oh, I know it is called one, but it doesn’t feel like one to me.

Either way, I do still enjoy having this pin.  I just can’t wait to hear Goofy’s story after this fishing trip.  I have a feeling it will be a whopper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.